Key passage: Genesis 1:1 (ESV)
1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
- The first subject of the first sentence of the Bible is God.
- The entire bible is first and foremost about God.
- Genesis 1:1 refutes all man’s false philosophies concerning the origin of God, man, and the world.
- Creation itself declares the existence of God.
- God is one and yet there is a plurality within the Godhead.
- God has existed from eternity past in community with himself.
- The origin of God is unlike the origin of any other created thing, God is eternal.
- Eternal refers to an endless past and an unending future.
- God is not subject to time but exists and operates outside of it.
- God views all things as an eternal here and now!
- This eternal God chose to reveal Himself to finite man through His Son Jesus!
- Jesus stepped into time from eternity to give us a glimpse of God!
- The fact that God is eternal is the foundation for our hope in eternal life spent with Him!
- The eternal God has promised us eternal life through His eternal Son!