Key passage: John 17:24 (ESV)
24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
- Although creation is the first act we see of God in the scriptures, Creator is not His primary identity.
- If such was the case, He would need a creation in order to be who He truly is.
- What was God doing before creation?
- Before God ever created anything, God was a Father who was loving His Son.
- Gods primary eternal identity is a loving Father.
- Your Heavenly Father wanted you even if your earthly father didn't.
- Those who grew up with an absent dad have a present Heavenly Father.
- God the Father is so loving that you cannot know Him without yourself becoming loving.
- The God who is love is the Father who sends the Son.
- Love is not something God the Father has, or one of His moods, rather He is love!
- God is love because from eternity past he had a perfect love for His eternal Son.
- Jesus invites us into the same personal intimate relationship that He had with God the Father.
- God has made a way for us to call Him Father by adopting us into His family through Jesus!
- The Fathers act of adopting us into His family is the greatest evidence of how much He loves us.
- God love for us is not a response to our love for him.
- God the Father has an eternal uncaused love for each and every one of us.